Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Villainy Inc: Mr. Gargoyle

Click To Enlarge


PERSONAL DATA
Real Name: Unknown
Occupation: Stalker
Marital Status: Single
Known Relatives: None
Group Affiliation: None
Base of Operations: Washington D.C.
Eyes: Pale blue
Hair: None visible
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #175 (March-April, 1968)

HISTORY
"I wanted you for my own, Wonder Woman! Long before an explosion in my lab ruined my face forever-- forcing me to wear this mask!"

To that end, Mr. Gargoyle ran a jeep carrying Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor off the road. Though she had been gassed, Wonder Woman deflected gunfire and fought off henchmen sent by Mr. Gargoyle. While she was distracted, Mr. Gargoyle stealthily approached and bludgeoned her with his cane. "This hurts me more than it does you, beautiful! But it's the only way I can quiet you-- after you've made yo-yo's of my men!" The revived thugs loaded Wonder Woman into their car. "Handle my darling carefully! I have a few surprises waiting for her at my hideout! And take along Trevor, too! I may need pretty boy there also- in case Wonder Woman proves stubborn!"

The group travelled to Mr. Gargoyle's foreboding mansion "palace," where he compelled Wonder Woman to kiss him with her own magic lasso. "I might as well have been kissed by an iceberg!" Wonder Woman used her deep feelings for Steve Trevor to deny Mr. Gargoyle a heartfelt kiss, so he utilized the same to demand one. In his courtyard was a very large, semi-natural pool infected with sharks. Steve Trevor was tied to a rock at its center, as the water level rose to meet him. "That will be his last breath unless I order the water to be lowered!"

Regardless of the second kiss' quality, Steve Trevor was dragged underwater by a leaping shark, prompting Wonder Woman to break lose from Mr. Gargoyle's grip to dive in after him. Mr. Gargoyle tried to convince Wonder Woman Trevor would forever hate her for their infidelity, but failed. When Mr. Gargoyle ordered his men to collect the unconscious Trevor to dump "on some lonely country road," Wonder Woman again easily subdued them and escaped in her invisible robot plane. More concerned with Trevor's health than Mr. Gargoyle, Wonder Woman left the villain shaking his fist at her. "Don't think you're escaping me, Wonder Woman! What the Gargoyle wants-- the Gargoyle gets! I'll never rest until you're in my arms again! Your love for pretty boy is hopeless! He hates you!"

POWERS & WEAPONS:
Mr. Gargoyle possessed a luxury car equipped with smoke and knock-out gas emitter. Weighted cane.

Quote:
"I'll never rest until Wonder Woman willingly throws herself at me-- instead of that pretty boy surf rider she's with!"

Created by: Robert Kanigher and Irv Novick

No comments: